This lovingly restored house was built in the early 1800s by Danish entrepreneur Hans Haagensen. It's surrounded by an equally impressive cookhouse, outbuildings, and terraced gardens. A lower-level banquet hall showcases antique prints and photographs. Guided tours begin at the nearby Hotel 1829, then continue here. The tour includes stops at two other restored 19th-century houses, a rum factory, amber museum, and finally the lookout tour at Blackbeard's Castle. Tours are given between 9 am and 3 pm on days a cruise ship is in port. Self-guided tours are also available.
- Address: Behind Hotel 1829 on Government Hill, 29-30 Kongens Gade, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, 00802
- Phone: 340/776-1234; 340/776-1829
- Cost: Tours $20 guided, $15 self-guided
- Hours: Oct.--May, daily 9--3; June--Sept., by appointment only
- Location:Charlotte Amalie